Packaging and Overview
The box shows off the motherboard and its colorful ROG theme. Packaging is well done, and the motherboard and accessories are well protected.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, CPU Fan bracket, CPU installation took, verticle M.2 slot bracket and screws, temperature sensor, SLI HB bridge, IO panel, WIFI antenna, case badge, cable stickers, Cable Mods coupon, door hanger, manual, and driver DVD.
ASUS offers five fan headers, all of them can operate in PWM or DC mode and reference multiple temperature sensors. The four headers circled in blue offer up to 1A of current, while the header circled in red supports up to 3A (designed for pumps).
The motherboard's straightforward color theme allows the motherboard to fade into the background so that you other enhancements and shine instead of the motherboard. The ROG logo does light up on the PCH. The back of the motherboard features a unique PCB silkscreen, but we were happy not to find too many components on the rear of the PCB.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse port, WIFI antenna, two USB 3.1 type-A ports, HDMI, DisplayPort, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio output with S/PDIF out.
The motherboard offers two PCI-E x16 slots routed to the CPU, and they operate in x16/x0 or x8/x8 modes. The two CPU connected x16 slots can also split their bandwidth with M.2 CPU attached storage cards so that the second x16 slot can operate as x4/x4 on the second slot with x8 in the first or x8/x4/x4 in the first slot with no card in the second. The motherboard features two M.2 slots, one of them is verticle and only supports PCI-E devices at up to x4 PCI-E 3.0.
The second x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot can also operate SATA based M.2 drives, although SATA ports 1 and 0 will be disabled. Six SATA6Gb/s ports are located on the right side of the motherboard.
The motherboard also offers an external temperature sensor input port, USB 3.0 internal header, and two USB 2.0 internal headers. Near the 8-pin CPU power connector is a CPU_OV header that will unlock higher voltage ranges for extreme overclocking.
Boot LEDs are built into the motherboard above the 24-pin connector, and the motherboard features heat sinks on all the CPU VRM and the PCH.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z370 microATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1 for 8th Generation Intel Core Processors retails for $172.37 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z370 microATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1 for 8th Generation Intel® CoreTM Processors retails for £253.00 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director