Packaging and Overview
The box shows off the motherboard and its colorful ROG theme. Packaging is well done, and the motherboard and accessories are well protected.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, CPU Fan bracket, CPU installation took, verticle M.2 slot bracket and screws, temperature sensor, SLI HB bridge, IO panel, WIFI antenna, case badge, cable stickers, Cable Mods coupon, door hanger, manual, and driver DVD.
ASUS offers five fan headers, all of them can operate in PWM or DC mode and reference multiple temperature sensors. The four headers circled in blue offer up to 1A of current, while the header circled in red supports up to 3A (designed for pumps).
The motherboard's straightforward color theme allows the motherboard to fade into the background so that you other enhancements and shine instead of the motherboard. The ROG logo does light up on the PCH. The back of the motherboard features a unique PCB silkscreen, but we were happy not to find too many components on the rear of the PCB.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse port, WIFI antenna, two USB 3.1 type-A ports, HDMI, DisplayPort, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio output with S/PDIF out.
The motherboard offers two PCI-E x16 slots routed to the CPU, and they operate in x16/x0 or x8/x8 modes. The two CPU connected x16 slots can also split their bandwidth with M.2 CPU attached storage cards so that the second x16 slot can operate as x4/x4 on the second slot with x8 in the first or x8/x4/x4 in the first slot with no card in the second. The motherboard features two M.2 slots, one of them is verticle and only supports PCI-E devices at up to x4 PCI-E 3.0.
The second x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot can also operate SATA based M.2 drives, although SATA ports 1 and 0 will be disabled. Six SATA6Gb/s ports are located on the right side of the motherboard.
The motherboard also offers an external temperature sensor input port, USB 3.0 internal header, and two USB 2.0 internal headers. Near the 8-pin CPU power connector is a CPU_OV header that will unlock higher voltage ranges for extreme overclocking.
Boot LEDs are built into the motherboard above the 24-pin connector, and the motherboard features heat sinks on all the CPU VRM and the PCH.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) (Intel Z370) retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Circuit Analysis]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit