X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis Continued
The Realtek ALC1220 is used as the audio codec and offers 120dB output on an amplified rail. ASROCK adds in a Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifier for the front panel output since the rear output uses the integrated amplifier inside the codec. Nichicon audio capacitors are used to improve audio quality.
Two Intel i211AT Gbit NICs provide the dual Gbit LAN ports on the rear IO. WIFI is provided by the Intel Wireless-AC 3168NGW M.2 controller.
Each of the USB 3.1 ports gets its bandwidth from the FCH, and each gets a Pericom PI3EQX re-driver, and the type-C port uses an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip. Two ASMedia ASM1480 move x4 PCI-E 3.0 between M2_1 (between the first and second PCI-E slots) and the U.2 port.
A chip labeled Flash-Back provides USB BIOS recovery to the single 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROM.
The main SuperIO is the Nuvoton NCT6779D, and it provides fan control, PS/2 on the rear IO panel, and system monitoring. The Nuvoton N76E885AT20 is in charge of the RGB LED header and built-in RGB LEDs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399M TAICHI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]