X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis Continued
The Realtek ALC1220 is used as the audio codec and offers 120dB output on an amplified rail. ASROCK adds in a Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifier for the front panel output since the rear output uses the integrated amplifier inside the codec. Nichicon audio capacitors are used to improve audio quality.
Two Intel i211AT Gbit NICs provide the dual Gbit LAN ports on the rear IO. WIFI is provided by the Intel Wireless-AC 3168NGW M.2 controller.
Each of the USB 3.1 ports gets its bandwidth from the FCH, and each gets a Pericom PI3EQX re-driver, and the type-C port uses an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip. Two ASMedia ASM1480 move x4 PCI-E 3.0 between M2_1 (between the first and second PCI-E slots) and the U.2 port.
A chip labeled Flash-Back provides USB BIOS recovery to the single 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROM.
The main SuperIO is the Nuvoton NCT6779D, and it provides fan control, PS/2 on the rear IO panel, and system monitoring. The Nuvoton N76E885AT20 is in charge of the RGB LED header and built-in RGB LEDs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASROCK X399M TAICHI (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASROCK X399M TAICHI (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399M TAICHI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X399M TAICHI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023