Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake, SuperPI, and ScienceMark
In HandBrake, the new CPUs are outdoing their native competition (1400 and 1300X respectively). The 1500X's higher cache might be helping feed the cores better. ScienceMark shows strong results and seems to like this architecture; it's one of the legacy benchmarks we use so that users can compare their older systems to newer ones. In SuperPI we see the Ryzen 5 2400G do very well. However, it would seem that the result for the 2200G reinforces the latency we saw earlier, since SuperPI loves low latency memory. We used the latest BIOS and drivers provided to us just a few days before launch for all of our testing.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Perf: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark and SuperPI]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Tomb Raider, GTA:V & More ]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia revives the 8110, the one Neo used in The Matrix
- Galaxy S9/S9+ revealed, launches March 16 and starts at $720
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit