Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z370 TOMAHAWK features box art that insinuates the motherboard is not only colorful but powerful like a Tomahawk missile. Sometimes I wonder if customs opens the package just because of the motherboard model name (joke). Packaging is decent as well.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, RGB LED extension cable, case badge, manual, and driver DVD.
The Z370 TOMAHAWK has six fan headers, all of them are rated up to 1A and support both PWM and DC operational modes. The four headers circled in blue are in DC mode by default while the two headers circled in red are in PWM mode by default. The headers can be controlled and changed through the UEFI or through MSI's Windows application.
The motherboard's color theme is simple and uses a mixture of materials to resemble different parts. They have tried to make the motherboard look militaristic with metal paneling on the PCH, bolts in the IO cover, and shaping on the VRM heat sinks. I personally like how it looks, and many others will too because the motherboard is simple and can fade into the background if users wish. The back of the motherboard is bare of any ICs.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard and mouse, two USB 2.0 ports, DVI, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, four USB 3.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is a bit odd. The first slot is directly routed to the CPU, and it's the only x16 slot routed to the CPU. You are limited to CrossFireX on this motherboard. The three x1 slots and bottom two x16 slots are routed to the PCH. Two of the x1 slots share bandwidth (you can only use one at a time).
The middle x16 slot is x4 routed to the PCH and shares all of its bandwidth with the bottom M.2 slot. The last x16 slot is actually x1 electrical. If you want to run CrossFireX, you need to use the first x16 slot and the middle x16 (x4) slot. The bottommost M.2 slot shares all bandwidth with the x4 PCI-E x16 slot, but if used with a SATA based M.2 drive the x4 slot will still work but SATA5 won't work.
The top M.2 slot is routed to the PCH and supports PCI-E and SATA based drives, but if you use a SATA based drive, SATA1 will be disabled. The motherboard also features six PCH connected SATA6Gb/s ports.
Two USB 3.0 internal headers are located above the SATA ports, one is right-angled and the other is straight angled. There are also boot diagnostic LEDs located above the 24-pin power connector.
At the bottom of the motherboard, we find two USB 2.0 internal headers and our front panel headers. An RGB LED header can be found at the bottom of the motherboard.
The heat sinks are all screwed into the motherboard and they seem to make solid contact with the MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 TOMAHAWK Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit