Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3.
Simple: The Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 is a very simple motherboards targeting gamers. It features the Killer Gaming NIC, five fully configurable fan headers, RGB support, and support for all platform features. On top of the platform features, the only feature that might be considered an expensive extra is USB 3.1 and you get both type-A and type-C on the rear IO panel.
RGB LEDs: GIGABYTE integrated RGB LEDs into the motherboard, but they didn't go overboard, which is nice. On top of that, they added two RGBW headers, and two 12v/5v digital RGB LED headers. I was very surprised to see that type of RGB LED support on a motherboard at this price point.
Fan Control: We find five hybrid fan headers on the motherboard, and they can all be easily controlled through the UEFI or System Information Viewer in Windows.
OC Button and Header: Some of you might remember those old systems from the 90s that had "Turbo" buttons on the motherboard, and GIGABYTE is trying to bring that back. The motherboard has a button on the rear IO panel just for overclocking, and they added a synchronized header. The header offer you the ability to repurpose buttons and LEDs on your cases front panel, so you can change your reset or power button to an OC button, and the power or HDD light to indicate the overclock is in place.
Dual BIOS: We do find two BIOS ROMs on the motherboard for extra protection.
No SLI: Since the main PCI-E x16 slot is routed directly to the CPU it's not possible for SLI to work on this motherboard.
The GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 is a solid motherboard with a lot of platform features and a nice amount of gaming features. While some people might not care for RGB LEDs, a lot of others do. The RGB LED support on this motherboard is more than I expected, with a total of four headers, two standard RGBW and two digital/addressable.
I also liked the OC button and the new type-C header, and the absence of large video outputs on the rear IO was also a nice touch. If you are looking for a solid Z370 motherboard that won't break the bank, give the Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: If you need a basic Z370 gaming motherboard at a reasonable price and solid features, you should consider the Z370 Aorus Gaming 3.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!