Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC1220 is present for 120dB SNR audio, and we find Nippon Chemicon audio capacitors on the motherboard as well as a physical PCB divide to enhance audio quality.
The NIC is from Intel, and we find an i219v PHY near the rear IO. An ASMedia ASM3152 USB 3.1 controller and Texas Instruments HD3220 type-C switch chip are used to provide the two rear USB 3.1 ports.
VGA/D-SUB isn't a natively supported video output, so GIGABYTE added on a Realtek RTD2168 to add back VGA functionality. The PCI protocol is also not native, so GIGABYTE added in an ITE IT8892E controller to support the single PCI slot.
The main SuperIO controller is the IT8686E; it provides fan control, system monitoring, and the PS/2 on the rear IO panel. A Texas Instruments GD75232 is a drivers and receivers chip that provides solid COM port functionality.
These two ASMedia quick switches are used to switch bandwidth between the x4 PCI-E slot and the M.2 slot right below it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $ at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 HD3P Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]