Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P.
Controller Quality: The Z370 HD3P might be on the more entry-level side of the spectrum when it comes to price, it doesn't lack controller quality. We find the high-quality Realtek ALC1220 120dB SNR audio codec as well as audio capacitors to improve quality. We also find Intel's i219v PHY that combined with the MAC in the PCH produces a full 1Gbit NIC. We also surprisingly find ASMedia's most recent USB 3.1 controller, the ASM3142 that provides two rear USB 3.1 ports.
Legacy Support: GIGABYTE also took steps to add on legacy connectivity, something that not only cost them money in regards to the physical ports but also includes the cost of the extra ICs. We find a special Realtek chip used to provide VGA (D-SUB) support, an ITE chip that provides the PCI slot, and we even get a fully functional COM port that uses a Texas Instruments chip, and they tossed in the LPT port.
Fan Control: While we find four fan headers on the motherboard, they are all hybrid DC/PWM mode headers that can be controlled through the UEFI or through GIGABYTE's Windows application.
Aesthetics: If you want solid aesthetics that are easy on the eyes and offer a unique look, the Z370 HD3P has you covered. Combining the silk screen on the PCB with heat sinks with the same design style, the motherboard offers a seamless visual effect. That being said, it will easily fade into a dark case. I will say the LEDs built into the motherboard are not RGB; they are fixed orange.
Dual BIOS: We do find two BIOS ROMs on the motherboard for extra protection.
No SLI: Since the main PCI-E x16 slot is routed directly to the CPU it's not possible for SLI to work on this motherboard.
The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P is one of those unique products that offer the past and the future in a single product. On the same motherboard, we find an internal type-C header as well as a legacy PCI slot, COM port, and LPT port. On the rear IO, we find USB 3.1 type-A and type-C ports along with DVI and VGA (D-SUB) ports. Overall, the motherboard offers a wide variety of features, solid 3rd party controller quality, and affordability. If you need an affordable motherboard that is compatible with your legacy devices but will also support your future devices, give the Z370 HD3P a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P offers platform features, legacy features, and future features such as two M.2 NVMe slots, a VGA video port, and a USB 3.1 type-C port.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 HD3P Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- New Street Fighter V character 'Kage' image leaked early
- RDX Surge Male Enhancement Pills : Maximize Your Performance with RDXSurge!
- light is flashing slow
- Core HT 231D - replacement CPU fan
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire