Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P.
Controller Quality: The Z370 HD3P might be on the more entry-level side of the spectrum when it comes to price, it doesn't lack controller quality. We find the high-quality Realtek ALC1220 120dB SNR audio codec as well as audio capacitors to improve quality. We also find Intel's i219v PHY that combined with the MAC in the PCH produces a full 1Gbit NIC. We also surprisingly find ASMedia's most recent USB 3.1 controller, the ASM3142 that provides two rear USB 3.1 ports.
Legacy Support: GIGABYTE also took steps to add on legacy connectivity, something that not only cost them money in regards to the physical ports but also includes the cost of the extra ICs. We find a special Realtek chip used to provide VGA (D-SUB) support, an ITE chip that provides the PCI slot, and we even get a fully functional COM port that uses a Texas Instruments chip, and they tossed in the LPT port.
Fan Control: While we find four fan headers on the motherboard, they are all hybrid DC/PWM mode headers that can be controlled through the UEFI or through GIGABYTE's Windows application.
Aesthetics: If you want solid aesthetics that are easy on the eyes and offer a unique look, the Z370 HD3P has you covered. Combining the silk screen on the PCB with heat sinks with the same design style, the motherboard offers a seamless visual effect. That being said, it will easily fade into a dark case. I will say the LEDs built into the motherboard are not RGB; they are fixed orange.
Dual BIOS: We do find two BIOS ROMs on the motherboard for extra protection.
No SLI: Since the main PCI-E x16 slot is routed directly to the CPU it's not possible for SLI to work on this motherboard.
The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P is one of those unique products that offer the past and the future in a single product. On the same motherboard, we find an internal type-C header as well as a legacy PCI slot, COM port, and LPT port. On the rear IO, we find USB 3.1 type-A and type-C ports along with DVI and VGA (D-SUB) ports. Overall, the motherboard offers a wide variety of features, solid 3rd party controller quality, and affordability. If you need an affordable motherboard that is compatible with your legacy devices but will also support your future devices, give the Z370 HD3P a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P offers platform features, legacy features, and future features such as two M.2 NVMe slots, a VGA video port, and a USB 3.1 type-C port.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 HD3P Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- Nintendo announces Fortnite themed Switch console bundle
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement