Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P.
Controller Quality: The Z370 HD3P might be on the more entry-level side of the spectrum when it comes to price, it doesn't lack controller quality. We find the high-quality Realtek ALC1220 120dB SNR audio codec as well as audio capacitors to improve quality. We also find Intel's i219v PHY that combined with the MAC in the PCH produces a full 1Gbit NIC. We also surprisingly find ASMedia's most recent USB 3.1 controller, the ASM3142 that provides two rear USB 3.1 ports.
Legacy Support: GIGABYTE also took steps to add on legacy connectivity, something that not only cost them money in regards to the physical ports but also includes the cost of the extra ICs. We find a special Realtek chip used to provide VGA (D-SUB) support, an ITE chip that provides the PCI slot, and we even get a fully functional COM port that uses a Texas Instruments chip, and they tossed in the LPT port.
Fan Control: While we find four fan headers on the motherboard, they are all hybrid DC/PWM mode headers that can be controlled through the UEFI or through GIGABYTE's Windows application.
Aesthetics: If you want solid aesthetics that are easy on the eyes and offer a unique look, the Z370 HD3P has you covered. Combining the silk screen on the PCB with heat sinks with the same design style, the motherboard offers a seamless visual effect. That being said, it will easily fade into a dark case. I will say the LEDs built into the motherboard are not RGB; they are fixed orange.
Dual BIOS: We do find two BIOS ROMs on the motherboard for extra protection.
No SLI: Since the main PCI-E x16 slot is routed directly to the CPU it's not possible for SLI to work on this motherboard.
The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P is one of those unique products that offer the past and the future in a single product. On the same motherboard, we find an internal type-C header as well as a legacy PCI slot, COM port, and LPT port. On the rear IO, we find USB 3.1 type-A and type-C ports along with DVI and VGA (D-SUB) ports. Overall, the motherboard offers a wide variety of features, solid 3rd party controller quality, and affordability. If you need an affordable motherboard that is compatible with your legacy devices but will also support your future devices, give the Z370 HD3P a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P offers platform features, legacy features, and future features such as two M.2 NVMe slots, a VGA video port, and a USB 3.1 type-C port.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 HD3P Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit