The Z370GT6 is an interesting case. It has the settings for us to overclock our CPU with 1.3v, multiplier support, and XMP, but it seems we must also increase power thresholds. However, our test is HandBrake, and it uses AVX. It seems that BIOSTAR has programmed in high AVX offset ratios, and we couldn't find where to change those in the UEFI.
BIOSTAR should add them in, or increase the current limit on the VRMs, as that could also be a culprit. Our CPU could boot at 4.9GHz but would throttle down with AVX loads (presumably because of an offset).
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
In this section, I overclock four memory kits only using XMP, if the kit works then the results are below. I welcome memory vendors to send in their kits to be tested on each motherboard.
The motherboard wasn't able to easily overclock our kits with XMP. Manually overclock works better than XMP right now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370GT6 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]