Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis Continued
The Z370GT6 has a Realtek ALC1220 codec with integrated amplifier under an EMI shield. We also find two sense amplifier (I think) as well as four Nippon Chemicon audio capacitors as well as a physical PCB divide to improve audio quality.
An Intel i219v PHY in combination with the MAC built into the PCH provides 1Gbit Intel LAN. A Super LAN protection module is used to protect the circuitry from voltage spikes over Ethernet. A single ASMedia ASM2142 is used as the controller for the rear USB 3.1 type-C port.
I found two ASMedia ASM1464, which are USB 3.0 re-drivers, that should improve rear USB signaling. We also find two ELAN capacitive touchpad controllers, one is used for the button panel, and I believe the second one is being repurposed for RGB LED headers.
An ITE IT8625E Super IO controller is used for system monitoring, fan control, and the PS/2 keyboard port on the rear IO. Two 64Mbit/8MB BIOS ROMs are used for dual BIOS.
We also find an NXP level shifter to provide DVI/HDMI on the rear IO. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches are used to switch around PCI-E lanes.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370GT6 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Visceral's Star Wars title may get recycled into online game
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Transcend JetDrive 825 SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Review
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit