Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z370GT6 has unique box art designed to showcase the motherboard's RGB LED capabilities. Packaging is decent and does a good job of protecting the motherboard.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, driver DVD, and manual.
The Z370GT6 offers five PWM headers on the motherboard for fan control; they are circled in red. The headers can be configured through the UEFI or BIOSTAR's Racing utility in Windows. They can also power voltage mode fans, but without control. The motherboard has a unique color theme. It has a slightly brown tinted PCB with gold accents on the PCB and the heat sinks. The core and iGPU VRMs have heat sinks, and the design is unique. The back of the motherboard's PCB is bare of components, and for some reason, BIOSTAR has used a lot of solder, which looks to expend quality.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-C, HDMI, DVI, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The PCI-E layout is simple, the first and second x16 slots that have reinforced shields, operate in x16/x0 or x8/x8 modes. The bottommost x16 slot is x4 PCI-E 3.0. There are also three x1 PCI-E 3.0 slots wired to the PCH. There are two M.2 slots, the bottom slot has an M.2 heat sink, and it only takes in PCI-E based M.2 drives and supports up to 32Gbps. The bottom M.2 slot that has the heat sink and shares its bandwidth with the last x16 (x4 electrical) slot.
The top M.2 slot operates at x4 PCI-E 3.0 or in SATA mode, but in SATA mode, SATA3_1 is disabled. The motherboard has six SATA ports located right below the 24-pin connector, and they are angled straight up.
We also get two USB 3.0 internal headers at the bottom of the motherboard. The motherboard has OC features such as a POST code display, LN2 Mode (down-gear to x8 on the CPU) switch, capacitive touch power, reset, Sport, and ECO buttons. We also get two RGB LED headers at the top right corner of the motherboard.
We find a front panel header in the bottom right corner of the motherboard. Right above the front panel header is a clear CMOS header and to the left is a dual BIOS switch. On the bottom row of the motherboard, we find two USB 2.0 headers as well as HD audio and S/PDIF headers.
While the PCH heat sink uses plastic pushpins, the two VRM heat sinks are screwed into the motherboard, and they make solid contact with the MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370GT6 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z370GT6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire