The Maximus X Apex reveals its secrets when the heat sinks and shields come off.
The VRM on the Maximus X Apex is in an 8+2 phase mode. It also uses ASUS's 10K capacitors and microfine alloy chokes.
The VRM on this motherboard uses ASUS's ASP1405I, which is probably like an IR35201 fully digital PWM controller that offers up to 8 phases, but here it's outputting 4+2 phases. Each PWM phase (for the VCore) from the digital PWM is doubled by an IR3599, and we find four of these doublers on the topside of the PCB. Each doubler then outputs to an IR3535 driver, and we find ten of them on the backside (8 for CPU, 2 for iGPU). The MOSFETs are Infineon OptiMOS BSG0812ND, which should be rated for 50A. The VRM here is very similar to the Maximus IX Apex, but it uses different power blocks.
The memory VRM and CPU secondary rail VRs (VCCSA and VCCIO) are exactly identical to that used on the Maximus IX Apex. The memory VRM uses a rebranded two-phase controller for the memory PWM (seems like it has integrated drivers), with two N-channel MOSFETs. The VCCSA and VCCIO get power from a Texas Instruments TPS51362 10A converter and a single phase VRM controlled by an Anpec PWM and PowerPAK MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG Maximus X Apex Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ