Steven's Motherboard Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC
- CPU: Intel Core i9-7900X
- Cooler: Corsair H110i - Buy from Amazon
- Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB (4x8GB) 3600MHz
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - Boot Drive: Corsair LS 240GB
- Storage – M.2 Drive: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair RM1000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
- Monitor: ASUS PA328 ProArt 32" 4K - Buy from Amazon
- Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX - Buy from Amazon
- Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Headset: Corsair VOID RGB Wireless - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- BIOS: 1.30
The motherboard has built-in RGB LEDs in the IO shield and the PCH, and these are digital RGB LEDs, meaning that each LED can emit a different color. Control through the Mystic application could be improved, and I had to fiddle around inside the application to understand how to get the digital functionality going.
The motherboard has a unique look, and it's pretty cool.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Motherboard retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI 7 A91 001R Intel Motherboard - Black retails for £506.40 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at the Amazon Canada website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X299 XPOWER GAMING AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]