ASRock's X399 Taichi was the first X399 motherboard we took a look at, and it not only performed well, but it was also loaded with quality components. ASRock's take on the X399 platform is interesting, to say the least. They are using high-quality parts, implementing solid platform features, but not adding in too many aesthetic features. The motherboards aren't covered in RGB LEDs, although they can be if that's what is needed. The Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming is ASRock's top of the line X399 motherboard, and it takes the quality we saw with the X399 Taichi and adds in more features.
ASRock might as well have left out the "Gaming" at the end of the motherboard's model name, and just called it the professional, but that's too boring for an X399 motherboard. X399 is designed for professional use, and if a professional wants to game on the platform, it's easy to do, so the name actually makes sense.
Let's take a look at how the motherboard does.
The X399 Professional Gaming features dual Intel NICs, an Aquantia 10Gbit NIC, USB 3.1, USB 3.0, SATA6Gb/s, three Ultra M.2 slots, support for up to 4-way SLI/CrossFireX, U.2, and even multiple RGB LED headers.
The X399 Professional Gaming costs $339.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Professional Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit