The X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC shows off its goods.
The VRM for the core of the CPU is actually a 10-phase VRM. We typically see 8-phase VRMs, but MSI has decided to increase the number of power stages and reduce the number of true phases to help spread out heat load among more components.
The fully digital IR35201 PWM controller outputs 5 phases to doublers that then output two power stages. The power stages are International Rectifiers IR3555, and they are fully integrated 60A power stages. I am not sure on the specifications of the inductors.
PWM phase doublers are located on the underside of the PCB; they are IR3599 operating in doubler mode. We can also see the tantalum capacitors on the back of the PCB, and the doublers and capacitors are covered by a metal heat sink. The SoC VRM is made up of three IR3555 60A PowIRstages, and they are controlled by an IR35204 digital PWM controller.
Memory VRMs for each of the four DIMMs use a Primarion digital PWM controller, the PV4210. The power stages are made up of two phases of Texas Instruments CSD87350Q NexFET dual N-channel 40A MOSFETs. The memory VRM on MSI's X399 motherboard is identical to that of MSI's X299 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC TR4 Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best