Threadripper X399 motherboards are now readily available on the market, and today we will take a look at a TR4 motherboard from MSI. MSI has also gone the same route as other vendors and has designed gaming motherboards for the X399 platform. The reason for the focus on gaming is because two of the fastest growing segments of the PC industry are gaming and the datacenter.
Many manufacturers have taken to model their products as gaming products, although on the motherboard side of things gaming features could also benefit non-gamers. The X399 chipset supports AMD's high-end Threadripper CPUs, which are mainly focused at mega-taskers, workstation users, and those who can take advantage of many threads, but the CPUs can also do well in games, especially at high resolutions.
Let's take a look at what MSI has to offer.
The X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC features Intel wired and wireless networking, triple M.2 slots, 8x SATA6Gb/s ports, 4-way multi-GPU support, and even comes with customization plates.
The X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC costs $349.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC TR4 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC TR4 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- New Steam game offers 1 x Bitcoin to anyone who solves it
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit