ASUS's UEFI for the ROG ZENITH EXTREME is loaded to the brim with features, but for those who are not that familiar with a UEFI ASUS does have an Easy Mode. In typical high-end ROG fashion, the motherboard offers built in overclocking profiles, including those for memory kits that can go up to 3600MHz.
CPU overclocking is straight forward as well, and you can just as easily enable XMP on many 3200MHz memory kits and overclock with ease. Fan control in the UEFI is present through both a GUI and manual input menu.
ASUS's software suite includes AURA, Keybot II, LiveDash, GameFirst IV, RAMDisk, DIP 5, TPU, Turbo App, EPU, Fan Xpert 4, DIGI+ Power Control, PC Cleaner, EZ Update, System Information, USB BIOS flashback, File Transfer, Version, and more.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME AMD Ryzen Threadripper TR4 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X399 E-ATX HEDT Motherboard with onboard WiGig 802.11AD WiFi, USB 3.1, and AURA Sync RGB Lighting retails for $653.77 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG ZENITH EXTREME Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]