When we talk about the high-end desktop (HEDT) segment, we are talking about products at the tip of the pyramid when it comes to the price of the CPU and motherboard. If you can afford a $1000 CPU, then you might also be enticed to buy an expensive, fully loaded, motherboard to match. For some, it's that feeling of knowing while you might not understand what's under the hood, you can trust a certain product based on the amount you paid. That is true until it isn't, and ASUS's ROG products haven't shown us anything to the contrary.
ASUS has always been one of the leaders in high-end AMD motherboards, even making high-end ROG boards when no other vendors were offering anything close. While X399 is different, in that other vendors are bringing out their A-Game, ASUS has continued with its line of AMD motherboards that dominate with the X399 Zenith Extreme. In fact, ASUS was so prepared for X399 launch, every reviewer with the TR review kit had the Zenith motherboard.
Let's see what ASUS has brought to the table with the X399 Zenith Extreme.
The ROG ZENITH EXTREME features Wireless AD, 10Gbit LAN card inside, USB 3.1, triple M.2 slots, 4-way Multi-GPU support, some SATA6Gb/s, and of course their pumped-up audio solution.
The ROG ZENITH EXTREME costs $549.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG ZENITH EXTREME Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Stunlock Studios releases Battlerite Royale gameplay trailer
- Travis Scott will curate entire NBA 2K19 soundtrack
- DICE to release new Battlefield V gameplay trailer today
- Metro Exodus Aurora Limited Edition announced
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA
- PUBG Mobile Gets Competitive With First Ever 'Player Well Known' Invitational And Championship
- Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us