When we talk about the high-end desktop (HEDT) segment, we are talking about products at the tip of the pyramid when it comes to the price of the CPU and motherboard. If you can afford a $1000 CPU, then you might also be enticed to buy an expensive, fully loaded, motherboard to match. For some, it's that feeling of knowing while you might not understand what's under the hood, you can trust a certain product based on the amount you paid. That is true until it isn't, and ASUS's ROG products haven't shown us anything to the contrary.
ASUS has always been one of the leaders in high-end AMD motherboards, even making high-end ROG boards when no other vendors were offering anything close. While X399 is different, in that other vendors are bringing out their A-Game, ASUS has continued with its line of AMD motherboards that dominate with the X399 Zenith Extreme. In fact, ASUS was so prepared for X399 launch, every reviewer with the TR review kit had the Zenith motherboard.
Let's see what ASUS has brought to the table with the X399 Zenith Extreme.
The ROG ZENITH EXTREME features Wireless AD, 10Gbit LAN card inside, USB 3.1, triple M.2 slots, 4-way Multi-GPU support, some SATA6Gb/s, and of course their pumped-up audio solution.
The ROG ZENITH EXTREME costs $549.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG ZENITH EXTREME Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]