The ROG ZENITH EXTREME is one of the most loaded X399 motherboards, circuit wise.
We get a true 8-phase VRM that uses 8 PWM channels directly from an ASP1405 PWM, which is similar to an IR35201. The same digital PWM was used on ASUS's high-end Z270 and X299 motherboards. There is also a gold contact switch that will let the system know you have installed the custom water block (which has its own header) or have removed the VRM heat sink (it does one of the two). Each phase uses a 60A IR 3555M PowIRstage, MicroFine Alloy chokes, tantalum POSCAPs, and 10K capacitors.
The SoC rail uses another ASP1405 as the digital PWM controller along with three phases that use Texas Instruments CSD97374Q4M NexFETs rated for 25A. An Anpec APW8713 is a fully integrated 8A buck converter used for some minor CPU rail.
Both memory VRMs use ASP1103 PWMs along with two power phases. Each power phase gets a single high-side and low-side FET. I am not sure on the exact model of the MOSFETs, but they should get the job done as I have seen them on other very high-end ROG motherboards targeted at overclockers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG ZENITH EXTREME Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- Choosing a VPN for gaming: Here's what you need to know
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director