The ROG ZENITH EXTREME is one of the most loaded X399 motherboards, circuit wise.
We get a true 8-phase VRM that uses 8 PWM channels directly from an ASP1405 PWM, which is similar to an IR35201. The same digital PWM was used on ASUS's high-end Z270 and X299 motherboards. There is also a gold contact switch that will let the system know you have installed the custom water block (which has its own header) or have removed the VRM heat sink (it does one of the two). Each phase uses a 60A IR 3555M PowIRstage, MicroFine Alloy chokes, tantalum POSCAPs, and 10K capacitors.
The SoC rail uses another ASP1405 as the digital PWM controller along with three phases that use Texas Instruments CSD97374Q4M NexFETs rated for 25A. An Anpec APW8713 is a fully integrated 8A buck converter used for some minor CPU rail.
Both memory VRMs use ASP1103 PWMs along with two power phases. Each power phase gets a single high-side and low-side FET. I am not sure on the exact model of the MOSFETs, but they should get the job done as I have seen them on other very high-end ROG motherboards targeted at overclockers.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG ZENITH EXTREME Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top