X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Gaming 3 consists of an ALC1220, WIMA audio capacitors, Nichicon Gold plated capacitors and a physical divide in the PCB that separates analog and digital signals.
An Intel i219v is hidden below a metal shield and provides Intel Gbit LAN. An ASMedia ASM3142 is used to provide USB 3.1, and an HD3220 is a multiplexer used for the type-C port.
An ICS clock generators, a 6V41742B is used to enhance BCLK overclocking. An ITE IT8686E is used as the main SuperIO on the motherboard.
An ITE IT8795E is used to expand fan control and other secondary features, such as the EC temperature sensors. Under one of the PCI-E slot is a chip from ITE labeled MCU, and this is used to control the RGB LEDs on the board and the digital and normal RGBW strip headers.
There are only two ASMedia ASM1480 on the motherboard, and they are used to move x4 SATA/PCI-E between one M.2 slot and four SATA ports. The motherboard features two BIOS ROMs, and they are each 128Mbit.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit