X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Gaming 3 consists of an ALC1220, WIMA audio capacitors, Nichicon Gold plated capacitors and a physical divide in the PCB that separates analog and digital signals.
An Intel i219v is hidden below a metal shield and provides Intel Gbit LAN. An ASMedia ASM3142 is used to provide USB 3.1, and an HD3220 is a multiplexer used for the type-C port.
An ICS clock generators, a 6V41742B is used to enhance BCLK overclocking. An ITE IT8686E is used as the main SuperIO on the motherboard.
An ITE IT8795E is used to expand fan control and other secondary features, such as the EC temperature sensors. Under one of the PCI-E slot is a chip from ITE labeled MCU, and this is used to control the RGB LEDs on the board and the digital and normal RGBW strip headers.
There are only two ASMedia ASM1480 on the motherboard, and they are used to move x4 SATA/PCI-E between one M.2 slot and four SATA ports. The motherboard features two BIOS ROMs, and they are each 128Mbit.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299-AORUS Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz