The X399 Taichi shows us what it's got under the hood when we remove the heat sinks and shields.
The VRM for the core VRM is a true 8-phase VRM. It's controlled by International Rectifier's IR35201 in an 8+0 phase PWM configuration. Each phase uses a 60A IR3555 fully integrated PowIRstage power stage, which contains the high-side MOSFET, low-side MOSFET, and driver. The inductors are rated for 60A, and the main VRM uses multiple POSCAP tantalum capacitors on the back side of the PCB for its LC filter.
The SoC VRM consists of three phases made up of the same components as the CPU core VRM and is controlled by an IR35201. Each memory VRM uses a UPI Semiconductor uP1647P PWM to control and drive two SinoPower SM7341EHKP dual N-Channel MOSFETs.
Each set of 4-DIMMs is powered by the two phase SinoPower/uPI semiconductor VRMs. There are also three other power circuits that use linear regulators (rather than switching). The Richtek RT8065 are used as 3A linear regulators, for minor CPU voltage rails.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X399 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X399 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market