The X399 Taichi shows us what it's got under the hood when we remove the heat sinks and shields.
The VRM for the core VRM is a true 8-phase VRM. It's controlled by International Rectifier's IR35201 in an 8+0 phase PWM configuration. Each phase uses a 60A IR3555 fully integrated PowIRstage power stage, which contains the high-side MOSFET, low-side MOSFET, and driver. The inductors are rated for 60A, and the main VRM uses multiple POSCAP tantalum capacitors on the back side of the PCB for its LC filter.
The SoC VRM consists of three phases made up of the same components as the CPU core VRM and is controlled by an IR35201. Each memory VRM uses a UPI Semiconductor uP1647P PWM to control and drive two SinoPower SM7341EHKP dual N-Channel MOSFETs.
Each set of 4-DIMMs is powered by the two phase SinoPower/uPI semiconductor VRMs. There are also three other power circuits that use linear regulators (rather than switching). The Richtek RT8065 are used as 3A linear regulators, for minor CPU voltage rails.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X399 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X399 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]