Chad's CPU Cooler Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII HERO (Intel Z170) - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Patriot Viper 4 3000MHz 4X4GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OC - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Corsair Neutron XTi 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: INWIN D-Frame - Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS 1050W - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
- Software: RealTemp 3.70, AIDA64 Engineer 5.75.3900, and CPU-z 1.77.0 x64
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article (October 2016) for more information.
Leaving our processor at stock settings, we turned on AIDA stress, and find that the Windale 6 performs much better than we expected it to. Fifty-five degrees in this chart is good; so good that the Windale 6 takes the fourth place of all coolers tested on this system.
While still allowing the PWM circuitry to control the fan, we applied our overclock for this test run. Still performing admirably well, the Windale 6 drops one place to fifth overall, with a seventy-four-degree result. Can't complain so far.
Where many coolers tend to offer a degree or two difference when we put full power to the fans, this chart shows FSP left some meat on the bone. Nearly five degrees of more efficient cooling can be had, and as you are about t6o see, the sound premium isn't as bad as you might expect.
Noise Level Results
With the fan reportedly spinning at 1047 RPM through AIDA software, we took our sound measurement and love that the Windale 6 fan is inaudible at 24dB. Not the best on the chart, but by no means is this an unfavorable result.
Applying the overclock adds some heat, which in turn increases the fan speed. At this time the fans were turning at 1260 RPM, and only just able to be heard, they are producing 26 dB of noise at this time.
What we love about this cooler, is that FSP chose the proper fan for it. Typically, to reduce the temperature five degrees, you need a fan that makes a ton of noise, like many on this list. However, with our fan at 1580 RPM, we only heard 33 dB of noise from it. Extremely tolerable, especially for the gains had thermally for just seven more decibels.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- AMD could secure up to 30% of the CPU market by Q4 2018
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner