I have followed ASUSTOR since the beginning in 2011. Merging into the NAS market, ASUSTOR has quickly grown to one of the largest consumer NAS vendors. Heading into the next generation of NAS platforms, ASUSTOR has now revealed their Apollo Lake platforms, and we start our journey with the AS6404T.
The AS6404T is equipped with the 1.5GHz quad-core processor from the Intel Celeron family, built on the 14nm process that ASUSTOR claim provides a 30% increase in performance over the previous generation. At the core of this is the inclusion of HDMI 2.0, with 4K60p support out of the box, giving this solution smooth playback of 4K UHD content. With the latest generation of USB technology, ASUSTOR has taken it upon themselves to outfit the 6404 with USB-C connectivity. This allows consumers more flexibility with both C and Type-C ports available for external storage. Finally, ASUSTOR has updated the OS platform for the AS6404T to ADM 3.0; this is our first look.
Diving into the hardware specifications above, we start with the Intel Celeron J3455 operating at 1.5GHz with a burst up to 2.3GHz. 8GB of DDR3L is installed in a 2x 4G configuration while the four drive bays support both 2.5" and 3.5" HDD and SSDs. Maximum capacity is listed at 40TB using 10TB drives in RAID 0.
As for expansion, ASUSTOR has fitted this unit with four USB 3.0 ports, with three being Type-C and one Type-C. Network connectivity runs through dual Gigabit Ethernet ports while AV connectivity includes HDMI 2.0 and SPDIF Audio output.
The MSRP of the four bay ASUSTOR AS6404T comes in at $599.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUSTOR AS6404T Consumer NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Anthem's world is always changing, says BioWare
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series