Packaging and Overview
GIGABYTE's first white/silver PCB design motherboard comes with a matching box. Packaging is similar to that of GIGABYTE's other Z270 mid-range offerings and protects the motherboard and accessories from the elements.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, G-Connector, driver DVD, manual, and IO panel.
The Z270X-Designare has five four-pin fan headers; each header can support either PWM or DC mode of operation. All the headers are 1A except for the two circled in blue, which support up to 2A of output for water pumps and high-performance fans. You can control all the fan headers through the UEFI or Windows.
GIGABYTE's UEFI based fan control has improved over previous generations, so if you are coming from a two-year-old or older GIGABYTE motherboard, you will be pleasantly surprised. The back of the motherboard is bare of most components so that you won't have much trouble installing the motherboard.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse two USB 3.0 ports with DAC-UP 2 (yellow) DVI, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, two USB 2.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
There are three full sized x16 PCI-E 3.0 slots; the first two are routed to the CPU and operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The last x4 slot is routed to the PCH and shared bandwidth with the bottom two PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots. A single 32Gb/s M.2 slot is located below the CPU socket.
The motherboard features six SATA6Gb/s ports, four of them are combo SATA Express ports and angled 90-degrees. A U.2 port is located to the left of the 90-degree SATA ports. A USB 3.0 header is located below the 24-pin power connector, in front of it is a type-C internal header that supports USB 3.1.
The two last SATA6Gb/s ports are located below the U.2 port. The motherboard also features an RGBW LED header and two USB 2.0 ports.
A large plastic RGB LED diffusion strip looks really neat when lit up, and you can change it out for other designs. All the heat sinks and IO cover are screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam