Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
At one time, it used to be an exotic luxury in stylish case builds, but since sleeved PSU cables have come to market, it seems that just about everyone is selling a version of them now. While many case manufacturers have kits on offer, and many companies for accessories have made their sets as well, it only makes sense that if you do not have the time or desire to sleeve your PSU wires, it makes the most sense to get your cables from the same people who make your PSU.
Even though we know that Corsair has been doing this sort of thing for quite some time now, they are now bringing forth what the rest of the modders have been doing the whole time. We have seen many variations on the idea of sleeved PSU cables, some with the use of nylon mesh and heat shrink tubes, some using cloth mesh, and crimping the cloth at the ends with the pins. They all offer a clean look and have seen them made in just about any color or combination one's mind can come up with. However, what makes Corsair's latest set of sleeved cables special is that they have moved to paracord sleeve covering each wire, and they have also added cable combs into the deal so that your investment looks as spectacular as possible inside of the chassis.
Up to now, Corsair has offered many ways to buy their cables. There was the option to buy them individually, you could buy sets for the 24-pin, 8-pin, and a pair of 6+2 PSU cables, and we even saw full replacement sets that were sorted by the type of PSU as Corsair PSUs vary from model to model. Since Corsair always has their hand on the heartbeat of latest trends, it only made sense to take things to the next level. What they are doing now is offering what they call the Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kits, which not only come in many colors, but are a full replacement set for their PSU's, and encompasses a set of nine cable combs, which aid in delivering a professional appearance to anyone's build.
At this time, for the Type 4 Generation 3 PSU's, Corsair is offering them in six color choices. These colors are a light blue, light blue and black alternating sleeves, white, white and black, and also red, and red and black sets. All of these sets are shipped with eleven cables, and in this instance are compatible with the RMi, RMx, and SF Series PSU's, but there are sets for just about every Corsair PSU being made at this time. Along with the various cables, there are nine combs in the kits, and all of the full sets come with a velvet bag to hold onto either the default cables from the PSU or the extras in the kit which may not go used in your build.
What we find in this Premium PSU Cable Kit starts off with the 24-pin cable. The chart explains that this cable is 610mm in length, and it offers a 470 microfarad capacitor on the 12V wire, a 560 microfarad capacitor on the 5V wire, and another 560 microfarad capacitor on the 3.3V wire. Next in the kit is a pair of 4+4 cables which are 750mm long, and are used to supply the motherboard's 8 or 4-pin connections. These cables will work for 8-pin or 4-pin connections as each has an end that will split apart, and contains a 330 microfarad capacitor on the 12V line. Next in line are the 6+2-pin PCIe cables. These two cables are 650mm in length, they also have a 330 microfarad capacitor inline, and each of the cables has two connections on it.
There are also a pair of single connection 6+2-pin PCIe cables that are the same length and use the same capacitors, but allows a user to power up to six GPU power connections in total. These kits also come with SATA power cables, of which there are two with four connections each, totaling eight things that can be powered via SATA power connectors. While an older standard, Corsair does not leave out the Molex peripherals either. Just like the SATA cables, this pair of cables is 750mm in length, they offer four connections on each cable, and neither the SATA nor Molex connections have capacitors in line to reduce noise and ripple.
When this trend was new to the market, when it came to custom cables like this, it would cost an arm and a leg to get something of this quality. Of course, as the idea gained popularity and more were being made, prices have dropped quite a bit. While you can still find full kits such as this in the range of $45 to $50, these kits are now on the same level and the ones that start at $100 and work their way up from there. Keep in mind, though; you are taking a chance that compatibility might be an issue or availability for your specific power supply may not be supported either. This is why Corsair has chosen to offer kits in the past and is why they have upgraded from the Professional Series to this Premium Series we are looking at today.
Corsair has set the MSRP for these kits to sell at $99.99, which isn't all that bad, to begin with. However, if you look around online, you can find these kits for a bit less money. For instance, as we looked at Amazon for a listing, we found the white and black Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit to be selling for $83.08. Considering the quality of what you are offered, along with the extras these kits ship with, Corsair is not only filling a void for the people who like top-end paracord sleeved kits, but are delivering them with a reasonable price point as well.
Chad's Chassis Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair H80i GT (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH
- Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP. Extreme Edition (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: SuperSpeed 128GB SSD
- Power Supply: Corsair RM 750x
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Premium Individual Sleeved PSU Cable Kit retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Premium Individual Sleeved PSU Cable Kit retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Vivo's next smartphone could feature a huge 10GB of RAM
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit