ASUS's UEFI on the Maximus IX Apex is an overclocker's dream. However, don't be intimidated if you aren't an experienced overclocker, the UEFI also has an EZ Mode for novice users, and built-in overclocking profiles to get you started.
The Apex is ASUS's prime-time overclocking motherboard, and it has a little surprise in the overclocking profiles menu. Not only do you get the Gamer's OC Profile, the 5GHz profile, the BCLK profiles, and the memory profiles, you also get custom made profiles from overclockers der8auer and slamms, two famous overclockers.
Now, the Apex is built for all type of overclockers, so you still get outstanding fan control in the UEFI and all the other features that a typical ASUS high-end motherboard has in the UEFI.
ASUS's software suite includes AI Suite 3 that brings together, DIP5, TPU, TurboApp, EPU, Fan Xpert 4, DIGI+ Power Control, PC Cleaner, EZ Update, System Information, USB BIOS Flashback, File Transfer, and Version. SupremeFX, RamCache II, EZ Update, AURA, RAMDisk, MemTweakIt, and WebStorage are also included.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex (Intel Z270) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex (Intel Z270) Motherboard retails for $289 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus IX Apex Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus IX Apex Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus IX Apex Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit