I already reviewed one of ASRock's Z270 motherboards and realized how great value it was. However, ASRock also makes some very niche products, and the Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is one of them. The motherboard is loaded with more features than some of ASRock's full-sized motherboards and is equipped with a VRM designed for overclocking. I have always been a big fan of ASRock's mini-ITX motherboards; they always take what other vendors might call "risks," such as their mini-ITX X99 motherboard.
The Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac and other mini-ITX motherboards are actually preferred by overclockers because of their simplistic two-DIMM design. Two DIMMs sometimes offers better memory overclocking abilities than four DIMMs because of the reduced trace routing for the second DIMM for each channel. Apart from overclocking, ASRock has also loaded this mini-ITX motherboard with features such as Thunderbolt 3 and Wireless AC.
Let's see what ASRock's Z270 flagship mini-ITX motherboard has to offer.
The Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac offers Thunderbolt 3, M.2, 6x SATA6Gb/s, HDMI 2.0, Intel LAN, Wireless AC, 5x USB 3.0 on the rear IO, a USB 3.0 internal header, and a USB 2.0 internal header.
ASRock also has updated the audio on the motherboard to the latest Realtek codec and offers Creative software.
The Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac's price is currently unknown as it is not available in the USA yet.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/acCircuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]