GIGABYTE, AORUS's parent company, has traditionally reserved the number 9 for their over the top motherboards, and the last time I saw a GIGABYTE branded motherboard with the number 9 was the X58A-UD9; a legendary motherboard that still holds a place in many people's minds. However, the AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 seems to be a higher-end replacement for what GIGABYTE recently called their Gaming G1 series of motherboards. The departure from GIGABYTE's high-end branding structure and the introduction of AORUS's new hierarchy might be a bit confusing, and I expect the Z270X-Gaming 9 to be somewhere in between the Z170X-Gaming G1 WIFI and the X58A-UD9 (maybe more towards the Gaming G1 WIFI).
The GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming G1 that the AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 replaces used a PEX8747 to expand PCI-E lanes for up to 4-way SLI/CrossFireX, had ThunderBolt 3, a strong VRM, a water block, and a slew of other features such as triple Killer NICs. The Z270X-Gaming 9 has pretty much the same specifications, but with the little extra AORUS brings to the table. Just like we saw with the Z270X-Gaming 7 from AORUS, the new boards have significantly better fan control, UEFI, RGB LED control, and other electrical features such as USB DAC-UP 2, but the AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 brings one more thing to the table.
In the past, GIGABYTE had always used some no-name water block, usually just a hollowed out heat pipe with threading to cool the PEX8747 chip and the VRM. The Z270X-Gaming 9 actually uses a custom-designed EK water block, which should prove to be much more effective, and the EK block might be why the motherboard carries the prestigious number 9 in its name. Let's take a look and find out.
The Z270X-Gaming 9 supports up to 4-way SLI and CrossFireX, carries USB 3.1 ports, Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro, Creative Core3Di (127dB certified), two U.2 ports, and two M.2 ports among many other features.
The Z270X-Gaming 9's price is $499.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-Gaming 9 Overview]
- Page 3 [AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Buy 2 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 64GB $1,038
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit