The ROCCAT KIRO might seem a bit on the small side at first, but it did not stop our domination in DOOM. We are using it at 4000 DPI most of the time we game, but even at its maximum, the accuracy is there, allowing us to move freely, without the need to lift the mouse and reposition. The tracking is smooth at all DPI levels, and with the layout of the KIRO, we have no issues reaching the buttons on the left when using it as a right-handed user would.
If you choose to leave all four side buttons active, they are hard to use on the other side, as you are left searching for them blindly with your ring finger. However, the KIRO did not cause us any reason to stop using it; it feels right at home under your hand in this FPS title.
While 4000 DPI is still usable in Overwatch, for some reason, we found ourselves going to the sliders, and finding that 3200 DPI seemed to be the sweet spot. Since we could not access the right side buttons well in games, we chose to test the software and used them to launch both DOOM and Overwatch, which comes in handy when you just want to come in and play.
We found no issues tracking players at any distance with the KIRO, again, everything was smooth, and every action we pressed was relayed to the PC and activated with no noticeable lag in its functionality.
Windows and Productivity
At 4000 DPI, it takes roughly three inches of movement to traverse a 1080p screen from left to right, and we noticed no angle snapping going on either. The mouse did not jiggle around causing issues when double clicking on icons, and not once did we see any wandering of the cursor either.
When it came to editing images, where accuracy is a must, the KIRO shines and happens to be in our top five mice when it comes to this aspect of usage. While gaming, or just surfing the vastness of the internet, the KIRO is a mouse, not matter which hand you use, that should be under your command.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT KIRO Modular Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT KIRO Modular Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse retails for $35 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT KIRO Modular Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse retails for £28 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT KIRO Modular Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the KIRO]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One