Anyone who has paid attention to the development of mice in the last few years will know that the trend lately has to been to pack the mouse as full of features as you can without making the mouse too big as not to be able to use it. Whether it is an over the top mouse design, adding 20 buttons or coming up with the most awesome lighting scheme ever for a mouse, this is what manufacturers tell us we want. Considering what can be done with some of the driver and software bundles out there, including ROCCATS own EasyShift[+] system, users don't even have to touch the keyboard to tool around at the desktop level as you can swap out the default programming of all of these extra buttons to make life simple around your PC.
ROCCAT looked at its available lineup and for some reason decided to go back to the basics with its latest release. Just like in the days of Unreal Tournament or even Doom and Quake, there wasn't a need for all of the pomp and circumstance that today's mice bring to the table. All you needed then was a good scroll wheel for accurate weapons swapping, and a left click button to spray the competition with your weapon of choice. Then the games were so fast and action packed, unless you were lucky enough to find the Jump Boots and make it to the top of a tower, you didn't even need the right click button, as aiming for long distance kills just didn't seem to happen much back then. We all remember using our basic mice and were very capable of doing just that, and it seems this is the idea ROCCAT is leaning to for this new mouse.
Almost like stepping back in time, today we will be getting up close and personal with the LUA from ROCCAT. This three-button mouse does offer a bit of the new age technology that makes today's mice so appealing, but only enough to get the job done without adding anything more than a little flash of LED lighting to spruce things up and a DPI button to make your time using the LUA as easy as possible making for a really enjoyable experience. On top of that, the LUA and its simple layout made it very easy for them to design this latest optical mouse ambidextrous in design so that right and left handed users can reap the benefits of the ROCCAT LUA.
Stick with me on this one. A three button mouse may not sound so appealing to today's gamers, but I can assure you, the LUA offers enough that I feel it is well worth your time to check this mouse out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT LUA 3-button Optical Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the ROCCAT LUA]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [ROCCAT Sense High Precision Gaming Pad]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard