ROCCAT Nyth Modular MMO Gaming Mouse
The left side of the Nyth is where a lot of the magic happens with this layout. The front takes a standard angle toward the top, but there is a lot of room needed to place the twelve small buttons placed here by default. Keep in mind too that this is only one layout option.
The heel of the Nyth is well rounded and is made to fit in the hand well. It also leans to the right a bit for ergonomics sake, and around the bottom is a thin line that will illuminate once powered.
As the Nyth is shipped, this convex side panel is what you find in the main packaging along with the mouse. This allows for the mouse to be easily lifted, where the other optional panel is for a relaxed grip where lifting the Nyth is not so important.
The left and right click buttons are shaped to angle towards the sides and the front lower sections, giving the front a much smoother look than most. The lower section does not illuminate, but still offers angular styling rather than a thick, boring piece of plastic.
Down the center of the main buttons, we see the EasyShift button just in front of the rubberized scroll wheel. Rather than using a 4D scroll wheel, the lever behind it can be moved right or left for scroll effects by default.
Four PTFE pads keep the Nyth gliding smoothly across your desk. The eye of the laser sensor is right in the middle of the bottom section, and off to the right of it is a slide latch, which releases the twelve side buttons.
The USB 2.0 connection is not gold plated, but there is a ROCCAT logo pressed into the grip. The rest of the cabling is 1.8 meters in length, and around a rubberized cable we find black braided cloth covering the cable.
Screws used to hold the inner, and outer panel together is what holds the panel onto the mouse, via magnets inside of the Nyth. It takes some effort to remove the panel, so it will not just fall off during use, but is fairly easy to do as well.
For those who prefer a relaxed grip, there is this wing style side panel option. This removes the concave shape and adds a shelf on which to rest your ring finger. To allow it to have lift potential still, your pinky finger is offered a rubber grip along the bottom.
Taking the time to swap out the button sets, this time, we have the double switch caps in place. Keep in mind, any single one of these can be used with the earlier caps, in any orientation, you can devise for the supreme use of this area. The layout is all up to you.
Honestly, nobody wants to remove all functionality of this area as this image alludes to. This is just to show how the cover plates install, and again, you can arrange these with the dual button caps and the single caps.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT Nyth Modular MMO Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT Nyth Modular MMO Gaming Mouse retails for $87 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT Nyth Modular MMO Gaming Mouse retails for £50 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard