Tyler's NAS Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Premium - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Klevv CRAS 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Secondary Storage: Intel 750 400GB U.2 SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Thermaltake P5 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
Moving on, we hit the setup wizard that will guide you through the process of installing the firmware and setting up the disks and any services you want to use.
The desktop area in ADM is rather clean and organized with all icons in the center of the screen.
Starting with Access Control, we have the ability to setup users and groups along with shared folders and even assign privileges on an application level.
Activity monitor allows you to watch your NAS and coupled with process view, you can see what is using the most resources.
App Central is the library of programs that can run on ADM. Of course, Plex is one of the most downloaded solutions, along with download center and uTorrent.
The backup menu allows you to schedule internal or external backups over USB, eSATA, or even your network. There is also the option to use cloud options such as Dropbox and Amazon.
Above, we have a list of file services that come embedded with ADM including SMB3, AFP, NFS, and higher level services such as FTP and Rsync.
PRICING: You can find the ASUSTOR AS6208T Eight-Bay SMB NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUSTOR AS6208T Eight-Bay SMB NAS retails for $1001 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit