Packaging and a Closer Look
Starting with packaging as I tend to do, the DS416play has a no frills approach with its plain brown box and sticker above. The sticker includes all the information about the NAS including bay count, LAN ports, and features.
The scope of delivery of this solution includes the power adapter, Ethernet cable, and set of screws for securing your drives.
The front of the NAS has that glossy bay cover we have all come to love while the right side houses all the LEDs, power button, and USB 3.0 port
Upon removing the bay cover, each tray is unlatched at the top and then slides out. Bays are numbered by dots above the trays.
The trays are the tool-less type with plastic bars that snap in and lock your drives with pins.
The backplane has slots that are ready for SAS drives, although we haven't tested the functionality to know if they are fully supported.
The rear of the unit carries a rather simple I/O. This includes dual gigabit LAN at the top left while USB 3.0 is placed on the right and power next to it.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DS416play Four-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS416play Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $460 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS416play Four-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £407 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology DS416play NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series