Inside the 450K
Removing a few caps we can see the clear plastic plungers used in this hybrid switch design. On either side of the shift key, we found little clips for the torsion bar, and sadly, you cannot use aftermarket key caps out there marketed for Cherry switches.
From what we can tell, when the caps are molded, the plastic is clearer, not opaque, and with the black painted exteriors, it shows right through the body of the caps. If you do plan to remove the caps, be mindful of the fact that the clips under the wider caps are tiny, and can easily be broken.
Under the plungers, we see a standard membrane that runs across the entire keyboard. Tiny bits in the membrane make contact with the copper traces in the plastic sheet that is now lying on the white plastic panel that is used to illuminate all of the keys.
Part of the spill-proof design uses a plastic cover over the controller board. Removing it for a view of the SinoWeatlh SH68F88P MCU, we see there is a rubber washer that allows the ribbon cable and LED power wires to pass through, but seals out any accidental spills that may occur.
One drawback to the 450K is that even on its brightest setting, the backlighting is dim. The default option is to use red, but with the UIX System software installed, you can also choose to use green, yellow, or a mode that cycles through all three color options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- Razer will announce a 'mobile device' later this year
- MSI shows off GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower