Inside the 450K
Removing a few caps we can see the clear plastic plungers used in this hybrid switch design. On either side of the shift key, we found little clips for the torsion bar, and sadly, you cannot use aftermarket key caps out there marketed for Cherry switches.
From what we can tell, when the caps are molded, the plastic is clearer, not opaque, and with the black painted exteriors, it shows right through the body of the caps. If you do plan to remove the caps, be mindful of the fact that the clips under the wider caps are tiny, and can easily be broken.
Under the plungers, we see a standard membrane that runs across the entire keyboard. Tiny bits in the membrane make contact with the copper traces in the plastic sheet that is now lying on the white plastic panel that is used to illuminate all of the keys.
Part of the spill-proof design uses a plastic cover over the controller board. Removing it for a view of the SinoWeatlh SH68F88P MCU, we see there is a rubber washer that allows the ribbon cable and LED power wires to pass through, but seals out any accidental spills that may occur.
One drawback to the 450K is that even on its brightest setting, the backlighting is dim. The default option is to use red, but with the UIX System software installed, you can also choose to use green, yellow, or a mode that cycles through all three color options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit