Most motherboard manufacturers offer only a few Mini-ITX boards for each generation, and GIGABYTE has two for the Intel Z170 Skylake chipset. The first is the Z170N-WIFI and the second is the Z170N-Gaming 5. The Z170N-WIFI is part of GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable series, their mainstream line, targeting power users and enthusiasts alike. One of the main features of the Z170N-WIFI that sets it apart from other Mini-ITX boards is that it carries three NICs; two wired Intel NICs and a single Intel Wireless AC card.
The Z170N-WIFI is a very unpretentious motherboard; it offers many features, but when it comes to appearances, GIGABYTE decided to go with basics. While some people do enjoy colorful motherboards, many others just want a solid board that works, and the Z170N-WIFI is meant to be just that. Over the past few months, I have reviewed two top of the line gaming oriented Z170 Mini-ITX motherboards, and today I will explore a more mainstream and modest offering, the Z170N-WIFI.
The GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI has a healthy amount of features including 2x 1Gbit Intel NICs, Intel Wireless-AC/BT 4.2, 6x SATA6G (2x SATA Express), 32Gb/s M.2 slot, seven total USB 3.0 ports (one is USB type-C), and support for up to 2x USB 2.0 ports through the internal header. The motherboard also carries dual HDMI ports and 7.1 audio with a TOSLINK.
The Z170N-WIFI is priced at $144 on Newegg at the time of writing, which is in the mid to low range for Z170 Mini-ITX motherboards.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for $145 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for £105 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170N-WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFICircuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFICircuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam