Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
Enermax has delivered a whole new lineup and series of coolers based on a design they released back in 2013, the ETS-T40 CPU cooler. The idea this time is to build upon the success of the original design, yet bring it back with many fan options to choose from, allowing it to adapt to particular needs. This is done by offering one version with a single 140mm Twister Fan, and then there is another version with a single 120mm fan, and both of these two coolers are left in their natural copper and aluminum states. The coolers we were sent to look at however are a fair bit different. Not only do the two we have to look at offer LED fans where the others do not, but they also are covered in a Thermal Conductive Coating, one black, and one in white.
We can see why these coolers were chosen out of the group of four, as they are the most attractive of the series in our opinion. Looks are not everything, though, and Enermax knows this and employs other tricks of the trade to help this cooler contend with the masses in our charts. Along with the TCC being applied to the base, heat pipes, and the fins, the fin arrangement is meant to be blown through in only one direction. There is a visible arrow on top to note this, and the reason for this is that each fin has tabs punched into them to help distribute the air as it passes through this single tower cooler. They also make sure to offer varying performance in these last two versions outside of just the color of them too. They send one of these coolers with a pair of Cluster PWM fans while the black version is cooled with a single TB Vegas like fan, but there is only one LED mode for this version.
Today as we bring forward two of the four Enermax ETS-T40fit coolers, the ETS-T40F-BK, and the ETS-T40F-W, and their main selling feature is that they "fit" on most motherboards. They are sure to keep away from the memory in this design, in any of the four designs actually. They were also sure to mind the room needed to populate the top PCI-e slot on motherboards. However, this does not apply to Mini-ITX motherboards. The last think we can think of that should keep you wanting to read more is that all the versions online will cost you less than $50.
The ETS-T40F-BK is where we will start. This cooler will fit anything since and including AM2 sockets for AMD, and on the Intel side of it, LGA775 and newer sockets. The cooler assembly measures in at 126mm long, 40mm wide, and stands 161.7mm tall, not including the fan. Using four 6mm diameter copper heat pipes, an aluminum base plate, and a stack of aluminum fins, this cooler weighs in at just 460 grams. The fan included in this kit is a Twister bearing fan that is 120mm in size. With the fan powered with 12V, it can spin at 1800RPM delivering 75.98CFM with 2.28mmH2O of static pressure. This fan is also powered via a 4-pin connection, and once powered also offers many blue LEDs around it much like the TB Vegas fan does.
When it comes to the ETS-T40F-W cooler, however, there are some slight changes to note. This time, we are given not one but two fans that are 120mm in size. These fans produce 105.9CFM each at speeds near 2200RPM, and the static pressure also increases to 3.6mmH2O this time. These two are Twister bearing fans, but these are Cluster fans with the Enermax name in the metal band around the frame. The only other thing that changes with this design is that rather than a black TCC being applied, they opted to make this cooler white, and matched the fans and LEDs to that as well.
When it comes to shopping, do so wisely. We are seeing that at Amazon pricing starts at $39.99 for the vanilla ETS-T40fit-TB, and we are seeing $85 for the white version you are about to see, and an astounding $120 listing for the ETS-T40fit-RF that comes with a 140mm fan. Then again if you decide to give Newegg a shot at taking your money, they seem to have supplied us with a much better system. They decided rather than to gouge customers; they have the entire line for sale for just $44.99 including shipping. For our intents and purposes, we will be looking at Newegg pricing as we move onward.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Cooler retails for $46 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-T40F-BK & ETS-T40F-W CPU Coolers]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit