The Maximus VIII Impact has two BIOS modes, but the advanced mode is the default BIOS to come up. While the Maximus VIII Impact is a much smaller motherboard, it doesn't lack in any of the extreme overclocking settings. The motherboard is built and ready for liquid nitrogen extreme overclocking and competes directly with the Maximus VIII Extreme. Since the motherboard only has two DIMMs, it should be able to overclock memory well.
The large amounts of memory overclocking profiles present on the Maximus VIII Extreme are also present on the Maximus VIII Impact, and they work quite well. Fan control is extensive, and the BIOS provides fan control over the two onboard headers and the three on the extension card. There is a GUI for fan control as well as more manual insertion without a GUI. Overall the BIOS was just as good as that on the Maximus VIII Extreme.
ASUS has many pieces of software for the Maximus VIII Impact. The Dual Intelligent Processors 5 provides a slew of built-in programs like TPU, EPU, and FanXpert3. There are also other programs such as GameFirst III, Keybot II, and RAMdisk. The DIP5 program contains many programs including tuning and auto overclocking.
Fan Xpert 3 is quite useful and has a nice GUI. The DIP5 software includes; TPU, Turbo App, EPU, Fan Xpert 3, DIGI+ Power Control, PC Cleaner, Ai Charger+, USB 3.1 Boost, EZ Update, System Information, Mobo Connect, USB BIOS Flashback, Wi-Fi Engine, Push Notice, and Version.
ASUS has their CPU-Z skin and MemTweakIt with ROG styling. ASUS's TurboV Core is very useful for quick in-Windows overclocking. Sonic Studio II is also a feature of the ROG series, providing useful audio effects.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Impact Mini-ITX (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Impact Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games