It has been awhile since we have had a Thunderbolt storage solution make its way through the lab. Luckily enough we have a few products in the house now and today we are starting up the MacBook to begin testing with the Promise Pegasus2 R2+.
The R2+ is the latest two-bay hardware RAID solution from Promise Technology. It carries a unique design that has the standard two bays for your 3.5" hard drives. It also utilizes a pod system for a third media bay that allows media professionals the ability to access media from sources such as SD and Compact Flash while swapping out to a 2.5" Pod allows access to your choice of SSD.
Each pod while using a SATA connection for the R2+ also houses a micro USB 3.0 connection so they can be turned into standalone solutions. Like the pods, the Pegasus unit itself is a dual connectivity solution, and while we will be focusing on Thunderbolt 2 in our testing, it is important to point out it does offer USB 3.0.
The specifications for the R2+ mention its two-bay plus one form factor while offering both Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 connectivity. Pods all carry a 2.5" form factor and include options for SD and Compact Flash, SSD and HDD. RAID levels for the R2+ include 0 and 1 with two 3TB 7200RPM Hard Drives. Operating system compatibility extends to OS X 10.8.5 and higher along with Windows 7+.
PRICING: You can find the Promise Pegasus2 R2+ Thunderbolt 2 RAID 6TB Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure