It has been awhile since we have had a Thunderbolt storage solution make its way through the lab. Luckily enough we have a few products in the house now and today we are starting up the MacBook to begin testing with the Promise Pegasus2 R2+.
The R2+ is the latest two-bay hardware RAID solution from Promise Technology. It carries a unique design that has the standard two bays for your 3.5" hard drives. It also utilizes a pod system for a third media bay that allows media professionals the ability to access media from sources such as SD and Compact Flash while swapping out to a 2.5" Pod allows access to your choice of SSD.
Each pod while using a SATA connection for the R2+ also houses a micro USB 3.0 connection so they can be turned into standalone solutions. Like the pods, the Pegasus unit itself is a dual connectivity solution, and while we will be focusing on Thunderbolt 2 in our testing, it is important to point out it does offer USB 3.0.
The specifications for the R2+ mention its two-bay plus one form factor while offering both Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 connectivity. Pods all carry a 2.5" form factor and include options for SD and Compact Flash, SSD and HDD. RAID levels for the R2+ include 0 and 1 with two 3TB 7200RPM Hard Drives. Operating system compatibility extends to OS X 10.8.5 and higher along with Windows 7+.
PRICING: You can find the Promise Pegasus2 R2+ Thunderbolt 2 RAID 6TB Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series