In past years, many of the Windows Storage Server platforms we have seen here at TweakTown have come from Buffalo. Expanding their WSS solutions, Buffalo is adding to their 5400 and 5600 product lines adding a two-bay variant dubbed the 5200 WSS. This solution is available in both 4TB and 8TB models, both running on the Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 platform. Operating on the Windows platform, a solution such as the 5200 WSS should appeal to small and medium business that want the seamless integration and reliability that Windows provides.
Underneath, the software layer Buffalo is outfitting the 5200 WSS with similar components found in the 5400. We have an Intel platform featuring the Atom D2550 CPU operating at 1.86GHz coupled with 4GB of DDR3 memory.
Digging into the specifications of the 5200, we find the TeraStation compatible with 1TB, 2TB, and 4TB drives with the SATA II or III interface. RAID modes supported include 0, 1 and JBOD with a dual Gigabit LAN interface. Further down, we see the 5200 houses two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports along with a front mounted VGA output.
The weight of this unit is 9.9 lbs with power consumption rated at 65 watts maximum. Client OS support ranges from Windows Vista to Windows 8 along with Windows Server 2008 to Server 2012.
PRICING: You can find the Buffalo TeraStation 5200 2TB Windows Storage Server for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Buffalo TeraStation 5200 2TB Windows Storage Server retails for $770 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Buffalo TeraStation 5200 2TB Windows Storage Server retails for £585 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit