ASUS's Z170 UEFI is very similar to their offerings from Z97 and X99, there isn't much difference in overall styling except in the background. That being said, ASUS's UEFI is one of the most solid Z170 UEFIs I have worked with so far, and it has the most overclocking features I have seen as well. ASUS does an excellent job providing all the features an overclocker's heart could desire, many of which you should consult ASUS's guide to use.
All of that being said, ASUS has really focused on improving their fan control for Z170. They have made all their fans PWM and Voltage mode capable, and they have customized controls even more in the UEFI. You have the option of a GUI or input controls for fan control.
ASUS's DIP 5 (Dual Intelligent Processors 5) is provided with the ASUS ROG skin and it houses most of ASUS's software. The image on the right shows what software you can launch from it.
Fan control is also available in the UEFI, but many prefer to use Windows applications for that, and ASUS has you covered. ASUS has also provided a bunch of other applications; RAM Cache, RAMDisk, Keybot II, and GameFirst III.
ASUS is providing Sonic Studio II for the new audio setup along with the SupremeFX application. An LED lighting application is provided to control the RGB LEDs under the PCH heat sink.
ASUS provides MemTweakIt for memory, an ASUS ROG skin for CPUz, and TurboV Core for quick on-the-fly tuning.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero retails for $239 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Maximus VIII Hero]
- Page 3 [Maximus VIII Hero Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Maximus VIII Hero Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam