ASRock is quick with innovations, and their latest lineup of USB 3.1 capable boards come with more than your usual chipset refresh upgrades. The Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1 is more prepared for overclocking than previous ASRock boards because of its new X Series OC socket which provides more pins. Many manufacturers have snuck this into their latest boards without making a huge announcement about it, and ASRock has too.
I can clock the cache very high on the X99X Killer/3.1, and it's thanks to ASRock's new socket. ASRock has also decked out the board with both types of USB 3.1 connectors, Type A and Type C. The single reversible type-C connector is built into the board, while two type-A ports come with an add-in card. The benefit to this is that you can chose how to allocate your ports. Either add in more USB 3.1 with the card, which eats up PCI-E bandwidth, or leave it out if you decide to use the bandwidth for GPUs.
I am currently unsure of the price of the Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1, but I can assume that it will cost a bit more than the normal X99X Killer because of the new socket and USB 3.1 capabilities. The Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1 proved itself through system benchmarks, IO benchmarks, and thermal imaging. Overclocking was quite easy and the UEFI is simple to use.
The support for both types of USB 3.1 devices is a huge selling point of the board, but it isn't its only benefit. If you want a solid motherboard for daily use which supports the future proof USB 3.1 standard, look no further than the Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||92%|
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||N/A|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: If you want a solid motherboard for daily use which supports the future proof USB 3.1 standard, look no further than the Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1]
- Page 3 [Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Edward Snowden: NSA tracks ALL Bitcoin users private info
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega Red Dragon: triple-fan custom card
- Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered notebooks: EPIC battery life
- PlayStation and Xbox cross-play is inevitable, says Epic
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit