MSI is a well-known consumer motherboard and video card manufacturer, which has been in the business for almost 30 years. In the past few years, MSI has revamped their gaming lineup to meet the needs of people who want top of the line gaming hardware at a reasonable price.
Today, I take a look at one of their Z97 Gaming motherboards, the Z97 Gaming 9 ACK, which is loaded with some of MSI's latest and greatest gaming technologies and hardware. This board is quite unique in that it has dual onboard audio solutions, including a whole CMedia powered sound card. It also features one of the coolest networking technologies I have seen in a while; Killer's DoubleShot Pro.
Join me as I venture through the world of the MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK.
The MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK is loaded with many of the latest features such as M.2, SATA6G, USB 3.1, and dual Killer network adapters. The board has a Killer NIC for the LAN and a Killer Wireless AC/BT 4.0 card for wireless networking, and together they allow for Killer DoubleShot Pro. This technology allows for the software to pick whichever network adapter has the fastest speed and utilize it for gaming and puts slower networking tasks on the slower adapter.
The MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK can be found for $299 on Amazon which put it at the high-end range for Intel Z97 motherboards. While many other boards in this price range have PLX chips to expand SLI capabilities, the Z97 Gaming 9 ACK features a very expensive audio card built onto the board along with Killer Wireless AC.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK retails for $289.99 at Amazon.
Australia: The MSI Z97 Gaming 9 ACK retails for $445 at PLE Computers.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Z97 Gaming 9 ACK]
- Page 3 [Z97 Gaming 9 ACK Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Z97 Gaming 9 ACK Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ