With two internal speakers and Bluetooth 3.0 support, originally I was sceptical of this speaker as it arrived at my door. I've been reviewing product after product from companies like Braven, Patriot, LUXA2 and more recently, and all of the speakers generally contain a few common shortfalls, mainly based around the bass department.
Although there's a few other products to review first, I opened up the Etekcity T12 and decided to have a listen and what came out blew me away. Read on to find out exactly what this product does better than the rest.
As mentioned previously, the device contains two speakers to help improve your audio experience. These drivers are rated at 3W per driver and with a frequency response of 100Hz - 18KHz.
Connectible to your device of choice through Bluetooth 3.0 and 3.5mm options, this product measures 7.7 X 3.4 X 2.8 (inch) and weighs in at 13.5 ounces. The 2200mAH internal battery will provide you with a claimed 12 hours of playback time. I would assume this is for AUX only and the Bluetooth playback to be closer to eight hours in total. Charged through Micro-USB only, this device comes with a wall power pack for charging at a 1A speed, but a USB port will also charge it just fine.
Pricing & Availability
The first step to making this speaker great in my eyes is the price point. $26.48 from Amazon plus shipping at the time of writing will see you own one of your very own and there's not much more to say than that. The price is amazing for what you get.
What's in the box?
As expected with these speakers, the inclusions are quite simple and limited. The main difference comes in a wall-plugged micro-USB charger. It's not a wall USB adapter either, it's a hardwired 5V 1A charger.
There's the normal inclusion of a 3.5mm AUX cable if you're unable or don't want to use the Bluetooth function, but unfortunately no carry case is included. Back to the wall charger. Even though the product can take inputs up to 5A, it's a little disappointing that they provide only a 1A wall charger with this device. It's worth noting that a normal Micro-USB charger will work just fine, but if you're not providing one it's a shame that the wall fed power isn't making the most of what's available. A 2.1A charging rating minimum would be much better in my opinion.
On a better note, the wall charger cable is quite long, unlike most included cables with various speaker models.
PRICING: You can find the Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [A Closer Look & Listening Experience]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced