System IO Benchmarks
Diskbench USB 3.0:
The BIOSTAR GAMING Z97X has very strong storage performance, there don't seem to be any issues and the board supports some nice speeds for the M.2 drive.
ixChariot Network Throughput:
Both NICs proved to max out our test system, which is around 940Mbit/s, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference when I test the throughput of the Killer and Intel NICs using the high-performance test script in ixChariot.
Audio RMAA 5.5:
I disable all audio features set the correct bitrates and then test the audio with a loopback test.
I decided to test three audio outputs, the back panel, front panel without MIX (Realtek), and front panel with mix (CMedia). Please note that by default BIOSTAR is big on audio effects, the CMedia chip is added to expand audio effects, and RMAA doesn't like audio effects.
Sound Judgment by Ear: Very Good.
There are 5 ratings for audio: 1. Problems, 2. Okay, 3. Acceptable, 4. Very good, 5. Excellent
The audio was quite good and the effects weren't bad, I can tell the difference between the CMedia and the Realtek outputs on the front panel COMMANDER box. I am glad that BIOSTAR gives the user the option to pick which to use, because you might prefer one chip for gaming and another for music and movies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z97X]
- Page 3 [GAMING Z97X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard