System IO Benchmarks
Diskbench USB 3.0:
The BIOSTAR GAMING Z97X has very strong storage performance, there don't seem to be any issues and the board supports some nice speeds for the M.2 drive.
ixChariot Network Throughput:
Both NICs proved to max out our test system, which is around 940Mbit/s, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference when I test the throughput of the Killer and Intel NICs using the high-performance test script in ixChariot.
Audio RMAA 5.5:
I disable all audio features set the correct bitrates and then test the audio with a loopback test.
I decided to test three audio outputs, the back panel, front panel without MIX (Realtek), and front panel with mix (CMedia). Please note that by default BIOSTAR is big on audio effects, the CMedia chip is added to expand audio effects, and RMAA doesn't like audio effects.
Sound Judgment by Ear: Very Good.
There are 5 ratings for audio: 1. Problems, 2. Okay, 3. Acceptable, 4. Very good, 5. Excellent
The audio was quite good and the effects weren't bad, I can tell the difference between the CMedia and the Realtek outputs on the front panel COMMANDER box. I am glad that BIOSTAR gives the user the option to pick which to use, because you might prefer one chip for gaming and another for music and movies.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z97X]
- Page 3 [GAMING Z97X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New PC game deals: Frostpunk and BattleTech for 22% off
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit