BIOSTAR is a well-known manufacturer of consumer motherboards, and recently they have stepped up their game by bringing some really unique new products to market. With the GAMING Z97X, BIOSTAR has focused on gaming features, specifically with their audio and networking. The GAMING Z97X pairs affordability with top of the line features that gamers want in motherboards.
This board is unique in that there is also a daughter board which is inside a front panel accessory included in the package; there are also customized headers on the motherboard to support the GAMING COMMANDER box. Join me as I examine and evaluate the BIOSTAR GAMING Z97X.
The GAMING Z97X has all the latest features including M.2, USB 3.1, SATA Express, and dual Intel & Killer LAN. However, while the board has many great features including a shield for aesthetics and two audio codecs, it only supports CrossFireX. There isn't any SLI support, and our test bed uses two GTX 980s.
BIOSTAR has told us that the GAMING Z97X will be available this month (April) with an MSRP of around $189. This puts it right at the price point of other feature rich gaming motherboards from other manufacturers. Right around $200 is where I feel there should be a good balance of quality and features, and the board will be evaluated with this in mind.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z97X]
- Page 3 [GAMING Z97X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series