GIGABYTE is a well-known manufacturer of computer goods, including motherboards and video cards. Today, I will take a look at their X99-Gaming 5, a mid-range X99 gaming motherboard from GIGABYTE.
In the past, GIGABYTE's gaming series consisted of a few very high-priced products, but now GIGABYTE has decided to offer a wider selection of Gaming series products.
With Intel X99, GIGABYTE has brought a lot of new features to the table, so let's begin our journey with the X99-Gaming 5, and see just what it can do. Let's get started.
GIGABYTE provides 4-Way SLI/CF capabilities to all their full size X99 motherboards, however, the cost is that they don't provide 4x PCI-E 3.0 for the M.2 drive. The other most notable thing is that GIGABYTE is providing a beefed up audio subsection, the same as the X99-Gaming G1, we will cover it in the following sections.
At $270 on Newegg, the X99-Gaming 5 is in the mid-range price bracket for X99 motherboards.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Intel LGA 2011-3 X99 4way SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Killer LAN Motherboards GA-X99-GAMING 5 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming 5]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit