Over the last few years, we have seen quite a few new and innovative NAS solutions from QNAP. Just a few months back, we were able to get our hands-on the TS-451, and had our first look at QVM. Today we are looking at QNAP's latest platform, the TS-253 Pro.
The TS-x53 Pro lineup comes in two, four, six, and eight-bay models, which share internal hardware platforms. The unit we have in house, the two bay solution, uses a mainboard with dual gigabit Ethernet ports. The larger solutions (the four, six, and eight-bay models) feature four gigabit Ethernet ports.
The TS-253 Pro is planted in the Bay Trail D platform, as was the TS-451. This time around, we have a Quad Core Intel Celeron J1900 with 2MB L2 cache, and a clock speed of 2GHz with the boost to 2.41GHz.
The TS-253 Pro carries two versions. The first version is the standard Pro model with 2GB of RAM; the other is the 8GB version for those wanting to use features such as Q vPC. Flash memory for this unit is listed at 512MB for the NAS OS, and two hot-swappable trays allow you to install up to 6TB hard drives.
On the back of the unit we have dual gigabit LAN connections, along with dual USB 3.0 ports, and a single HDMI. The front of the unit carries another USB 3.0 next to the one touch backup button.
MSRP for the two-bay TS-253 Pro with 2GB of RAM is listed at $499.99, while the model with 8GB of RAM will cost $649.99.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP TS-253 Pro for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The QNAP TS-253 Pro with 2GB RAM retails for $499.00 at Amazon, and the QNAP TS-253 Pro with 8GB RAM retails for $647.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019