Not long ago, we had the Netgear R8000 in the lab our first look at a TriBand Wi-Fi solution. AC3200, as it's called, is a unique spin on 802.11 where vendors are pairing together a single 2.4GHz band with dual 5GHz bands giving consumers more flexibility and in turn interoperability with older legacy networks.
The EA9200 is the latest to come from Linksys, and as you would have guessed by now, is an AC3200 solution. Wi-Fi connectivity of the Linksys EA9200 is laid out so the 2.4GHz band is capable of 600Mbps via 256QAM modulation, and then we have both 5GHz bands that can do 1300Mbps each. On the back of the unit, we have 4-gigabit LAN ports along with a single gigabit WAN port along with dual USB ports.
Let's dive in now and take a close look at the unit over the following pages.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
The Linksys EA9200 features a dual-core 1GHz processor and three offload processors, though we have no mention of the amount of RAM or flash, but since this is an almost identical platform to the R8000, we should have 256MB of RAM and 128MB flash.
The Linksys EA9200 utilizes Broadcom's 5G Wi-Fi XStream. Broadcom's 5G Wi-Fi XStream is a MIMO platform for home routers that includes six 802.11ac streams and three 802.11n streams that run simultaneously, the platform deploys this through what Broadcom calls "Penta" core processing.
MSRP of the Linksys EA9200 wireless router is listed at $299.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys EA9200 AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Linksys EA9200 AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router retails for $389.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit