Not long ago, we had the Netgear R8000 in the lab our first look at a TriBand Wi-Fi solution. AC3200, as it's called, is a unique spin on 802.11 where vendors are pairing together a single 2.4GHz band with dual 5GHz bands giving consumers more flexibility and in turn interoperability with older legacy networks.
The EA9200 is the latest to come from Linksys, and as you would have guessed by now, is an AC3200 solution. Wi-Fi connectivity of the Linksys EA9200 is laid out so the 2.4GHz band is capable of 600Mbps via 256QAM modulation, and then we have both 5GHz bands that can do 1300Mbps each. On the back of the unit, we have 4-gigabit LAN ports along with a single gigabit WAN port along with dual USB ports.
Let's dive in now and take a close look at the unit over the following pages.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
The Linksys EA9200 features a dual-core 1GHz processor and three offload processors, though we have no mention of the amount of RAM or flash, but since this is an almost identical platform to the R8000, we should have 256MB of RAM and 128MB flash.
The Linksys EA9200 utilizes Broadcom's 5G Wi-Fi XStream. Broadcom's 5G Wi-Fi XStream is a MIMO platform for home routers that includes six 802.11ac streams and three 802.11n streams that run simultaneously, the platform deploys this through what Broadcom calls "Penta" core processing.
MSRP of the Linksys EA9200 wireless router is listed at $299.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys EA9200 AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Linksys EA9200 AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router retails for $389.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019