With the launch of the world's highest capacity purpose-built NAS storage solution in the 6TB Red, WD at the same has also launched a new lineup dubbed the WD Red Pro. The WD Red Pro is built from the ground up for medium to large business NAS market, with a focus on eight to sixteen bay appliances.
Moving away from the traditional IntelliPower design found in previous Red solutions, WD has given the Red Pro a 7200 RPM spindle speed, coupled with 64MB of cache.
Furthermore, the Red Pro adds StableTrac, 3DActive Balance and additional hardware vibration compensation for the five platter drive design. In addition, like the 6TB Red, the Red Pro enjoys NAS optimized firmware, NASware 3.0.
Pricing and Availability
Looking over the drive specifications, the new Red Pro in the 4TB capacity carries model number WD4001FFSX. We also find the drive using advanced format technology and SATA 6Gb/s connection.
Further down the list, we find a sustained data rate of 171 MB/s, next to the 64MB cache and 7200 RPM spindle speed. The drive features a load/unload cycle count of 600K with a MTBF of one million hours.
Power consumption for the drive comes in with an average of 8.6 watts during read/write activity, while idle and sleep are listed at 6.5 and 0.6, respectively. The MSRP of the WD Red Pro in the 4TB capacity is set at $259.99. In addition to this, WD has released a 2TB capacity for $159.99 and 3TB capacity for $199.99, all of these drives carry a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Western Digital Red Pro 4TB NAS Hard Drive for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Western Digital Red Pro 4TB NAS Hard Drive retails for $259.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- best enhance your flexibility
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!