With the launch of the world's highest capacity purpose-built NAS storage solution in the 6TB Red, WD at the same has also launched a new lineup dubbed the WD Red Pro. The WD Red Pro is built from the ground up for medium to large business NAS market, with a focus on eight to sixteen bay appliances.
Moving away from the traditional IntelliPower design found in previous Red solutions, WD has given the Red Pro a 7200 RPM spindle speed, coupled with 64MB of cache.
Furthermore, the Red Pro adds StableTrac, 3DActive Balance and additional hardware vibration compensation for the five platter drive design. In addition, like the 6TB Red, the Red Pro enjoys NAS optimized firmware, NASware 3.0.
Pricing and Availability
Looking over the drive specifications, the new Red Pro in the 4TB capacity carries model number WD4001FFSX. We also find the drive using advanced format technology and SATA 6Gb/s connection.
Further down the list, we find a sustained data rate of 171 MB/s, next to the 64MB cache and 7200 RPM spindle speed. The drive features a load/unload cycle count of 600K with a MTBF of one million hours.
Power consumption for the drive comes in with an average of 8.6 watts during read/write activity, while idle and sleep are listed at 6.5 and 0.6, respectively. The MSRP of the WD Red Pro in the 4TB capacity is set at $259.99. In addition to this, WD has released a 2TB capacity for $159.99 and 3TB capacity for $199.99, all of these drives carry a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Western Digital Red Pro 4TB NAS Hard Drive for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Western Digital Red Pro 4TB NAS Hard Drive retails for $259.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- AMD Radeon RX 590 turns up on the 3DMark database
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!