Voltair High Performance Thermoelectric CPU Cooler Continued
Getting back to the fins, we almost forgot to address that each fin has many dimples added to them to break up the airflow, causing disturbances to make each fin more efficient than if it were left flat. It may also be a good time to address that Molex connection in the last few images that also needs to be connected to power the TEC.
Here we address the four 8mm diameter heat pipes that are gently bent without kinking them to make sure the wicking effect of each pipe is kept optimal. From here, it is also easier to see the various diameters of the holes and dimples applied into the outer fins, as well as in the fins of the TEC cooler in the middle.
The base of the cooler ships with a protective sticker on it, but we want to touch on the mounting here. In the aluminium sections at the top and bottom, there are two holes to accept the screws to attach brackets for mount it to the motherboard.
V3 uses a direct touch method on their base. The gaps are thin in the middle, and there are still visible milling marks from where the aluminium and copper were levelled together. Aside from the gaps, against a razor there is very little, if any deviation across the surfaces.
Just in case you still don't get the concept, this image should help. The inner cooler sits atop the hot side of the TEC, and uses those fins to keep the TEC cooled. Obviously, the gap in the middle is where the TEC is located, and with another base screwed into the sandwich, the cool side of the TEC is now cooling the heat pipes of the outer cooler to attempt to deliver a more efficient cooling experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ready Player One's first full trailer is here
- Netflix: 1 billion hours streamed content PER WEEK in 2017
- Galaxy S9 could be the fastest-charging smartphone EVER
- Female characters in PUBG have a camel toe... will be edited
- NiceHash will reimburse ALL users from $60 million BTC hack
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series