Over the past few months, Seagate has been hard at work bringing higher capacity drives to the enterprise sector. With the expansion of their portfolio to include five and six terabyte models, these drives have now started to trickle down to consumers.
The ST6000DX000 is Seagate's first consumer 6TB hard drive to hit the market. Like the 6TB Enterprise Capacity v4, the Desktop variant includes the same six-platter design with an increase in areal density up to 643 Gbits/ square-inch. This along with a hefty 128MB of multi-segmented cache and 7200 RPM spindle speed gives the new Desktop HDD 6000GB a performance advantage over the previous 3 and 4TB models.
With that said, it should be noted that this drive in its bare form isn't available on the market. When doing a bit of research it appears this drive doesn't exist at all. However, you can get your hands-on the Desktop HDD 6TB in kit form at many online retailers.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
As stated above, this drive, if we go by the model number ST6000DX000, which is printed on our drive, this unit doesn't exist on the market at this time. However, if we put two and two together we can get an idea of the specifications of this drive. Looking at the above image, of the Enterprise Capacity v4 specifications we can deduce that our consumer model carries similar features. Of course the nonrecoverable read errors per bit read will be 10^14 instead of the 10^15 listed for the Enterprise model. Warranty for this drive, as expected will be the standard two-years Seagate places on all consumer drives.
The Seagate Desktop HDD 6TB in kit form carries an MSRP of $299.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions